Saturday, February 14, 2009

I am

I am the voice that sings in falling rain.
I wonder if anyone can hear my words...not just my melody...my voice.
I tried to catch the moon, but she is forever dancing across the cobalt sky....
I hope that my heart will return soon....
I am forever skating on the wind.

I pretend I can swim like a 'maid in her home, ocean blue...
I feel the sun drinking my skin, warm and inviting....Never cold, never unfriendly to me...
I touch the broken shards of glass, who threatens to slice my copper skin...
I worry I may fall out of the crystal blue seas, when my world is turned upside down, again.
I am the fading ember in her heart, hoping one day I will extinguish hers in mine completely....
I understand the melancholy instrument, the Mournful Lover...who cries for it's Maker...
I dream I soared across the sky, feeling the odd drop in my stomach when I let myself twist in the clouds...even when I am warm on the ground...
I say to myself or more the the crying rain, "You are my tears...for I refuse to cry any longer for a meaningless broken heart.
I try my best to speak through my very best aquaintance...as I press down of her black and white keys...producing a sound so rich--
I hope that my heart will able to swim again, for
I am the voice deeply hidden inside the falling rain...

1 comment: