Sunday, January 18, 2009

Heartshaped Box

All my memories of you,
Are kept in my heart-shaped box.
Full of emptiness and sorrow-
Under key and under lock.

What is next, my fair Prince of Dorix?
Of our all but simple lives bestowed-
For there must be more,
Than the fiery Hells below.

Tell me again,
My Beloved Prince of Dorix,
Or our long forgotten Paradise,
And what is laid in ruin before us.

Was I just blind?
And I could not see?
Was it all a sweet illusion,
Of simple simplicity?

Whisper to me, my Prince,
Of you undying love for me.
That it is all but simple,
And not just the Bird and the Bee.

Tell me, dear Prince,
That it is naught but a dream,
And their murderous words mean nothing,
And cannot harm you and me.

Where are you, Prince of Dorix?
Did the King and Queen take you beyond my reach?
And have they drained the love from your heart,
like the blood thirsty leech...?

No comments:

Post a Comment